Thursday, January 10, 2008

WIP 300 Spartan: Making the vignete base

Peace!

Time for blogging my latest work: vignete of three Spartan warriors. I decided to create a base for three figures. I decided to create a rocky cliffside as the scene just like what we saw on the movie 300.

I began using terracota clay and then moulded using RTV silicon. The moulding process was a success but my original base broke into pieces as I removed it from the mould. Should have took a photo of it b4 moulding it. Anyway this was after the process.



The vignete base cast in resin

On top of the above process, I also managed to cast my Spartan warrior in resin thus having multiple parts to use make some conversions and have some variations in the poses. I sculpted a Persian shield using putty and styrene to add to the base.



Moulding and casting were quite a tedious process (not mentioning expensive too).It needs alot of care and attention but the end product of seeing my sculpt reproduced in resin was exciting enuff for me.

No comments: